crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2022-01-08, 17:16

Wordle 203 (5/6)

⬛️⬛️⬛️
⬛️⬛️
⬛️⬛️
⬛️⬛️

Rejected the solution at row 2 in favour of 3 alternatives! Dammit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Do you guys use the same starter word every time (one with mathematical odds to yield the best chance of used letters, etc.)? Or, like me, do you just wing it and type a random 5-letter word (BENCH, CLOAK, PAINT, BEARS, WRITE, SHALE, etc.) and see what happens/go from there?

That might be why I'm so shaky/hit-or-miss on this game, while being an absolute terror/hell-on-wheels with crosswords, Scrabble, Jumble, Boggle and any/all other word games? Am I hurting myself, "going random" and not using a set, smarter opening play? I kinda enjoy seeing what 5-letter word pops into my head at 12:01am, but I'd also like to get where I solve these things in well under 5-6 tries too.
I use the same word every time because, for me, I see getting it out in as few moves as possible as part of the challenge. But there's nothing wrong with going random. Each to their own.

This is the additional tweak I use at Row 1 to what chucker said above.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
I aim to use not just common letters in row 1 but as many common vowels as reasonably possible. My opening word has 3 common vowels + 2 common consonants. This should (mostly) help to narrow down the vowels in the answer quicker. Hope that makes sense.

I'm wondering if tomoe and I may be using the same start word.