View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-03-22, 01:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
I had a photography professor who shot a lot of weddings when it was still profitable to do so. One day he explained his pricing structure too me. He always tried to present 3 tiers: entry, middle, and high end. His goal was mostly to sell the middle tier by keeping the entry package a little thin and the luxury package a bit too aspirational. Between the two was something most people could convince themselves they needed, and felt like comparative value next to how little you got with the basic and how much the luxury package cost. I think a lot of stuff gets sold this way, with some sort of halo product and entry product co-ordinated to amplify the impression of value when the consumer spends more than they wanted to, but less than they dreamed of…
Yep. This is why Apple often does “you can have it with 64 GB storage, or 256… but nothing in between”.