View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-03-30, 08:35

I’m telling you. If Apple 2022 existed in 2002, that articulating chrome arm on the iMac G4 would be an optional $169 add-on. The stock model would have the display on a non-moving, vertical chrome arm, guaranteed. Everyone here knows this.

Fact is, we now pay extra for stuff that used to just come in the box. In fact, I’m waiting for them to go back to where an AirPort card is a separate $99 purchase for those who want get online wirelessly.

That’s the only thing I can think of where they went in the other direction. Everything else - cables, adapters, chargers, cleaning cloths, adjustability, etc. - have been slowly eliminated over time and made into separate, additional accessory purchases.

I know it’s gotten their packaging sizes/weight down some, but let’s not pretend that was the primary driving factor. Apple has eleventy gazillion $$$ because they give nothing away. They don’t leave money in the table.

I figure we’re about 5-6 years away from when you buy a MacBook, you just get the bottom part in the box. The display will cost extra and you hinge it together yourself.

Remember this post when it happens.

“Holy smokes, that Paul idiot joked about this back in 2022…”.

PS - For any pedants and humor-challenged present, I’m joking.

I think. Check back with me in five years….