View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2022-07-13, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Latest I read was Twitter is concerned Musk's oil was data to create a competing platform. Wouldn't that be an interesting twist to this.
There are already alternatives to Twitter. None have been as successful in drawing as many professional users, but Yahoo was once the search engine of choice as well.

Twitter is a usability nightmare. Half the time I see someone replying to a tweet and can't click to find out what the original tweet was. It's great for journalists to get real time news reactions, which is why politicos spend so much time there.

But it's never going to be a place for the majority of people. Too mean and toxic, and that's baked into the platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Musk, because being pathetic as usual? Check.

Never understood why people liked the guy.
Because he's a genuine genius, in the mold of Steve Jobs. Yes, he's made much off government subsidies and programs. But his work at Tesla and SpaceX is truly groundbreaking. He can look at a situation and correctly analyze the key problem, even if he can't always visualize the correct solution. [Hyperloop, The Boring Company]

Like Jobs, Trump, Bezos and others, his fervent pursuits often make him a nightmare of a boss. But he understands how to get things done. It's not simply about having money. The Biden and Pelosi families, for example, exemplify the Washington insider circus who have amassed huge fortunes giving them access to hundreds of millions of dollars in capital funding, and they don't seem to be able to do anything substantial with it other than consumption for personal benefit.

Musk went into a highly regulated, unionized and well-connected industry and revolutionized it. That's not easy, and everyday I see more and more Teslas on Toronto roads. Their showcase store at Sherway Gardens continually tells me that their solar roof isn't yet available here.

And whatever Tin Pot Trudeau is saying about climate change this week, the truth is that we won't see a true next-generation electric grid in Canada for 50 years, and even then it's going to have to be championed by thinkers and doers like Musk, not third-rate managerial types like Tin Pot.