View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2011-06-17, 14:11

I moved into a new apartment last week and got a new desk. Just a basic IKEA setup, nothing fancy. I was hoping to go for something more like BU’s desk but I can’t mount that sort of thing on the walls here.

Only iPhone photos. I haven’t figured out where I packed my camera charger yet.

More photos of my apartment on my Flickr, just click on one of these pics.

On the side of the shelving part I mounted a piece of tileboard as a makeshift whiteboard. 10 bucks at Lowes, I wrapped the edges in electrical tape to give it a slightly more finished look and just stuck some velcro command strips on the back to hold it in place. Nicely hides the wire for the lamp clamped up their as well.

All the cables are routed through those two organizers so that nothing is visible from the other side, since the seating area faces my desk. Another one of those organizers is mounted underneath where the desk meets the shelf so that the *only* cable that drops to the floor is the power cable for the surge protector. Everything else is hidden.

I’m considering getting some mounting arms for the MBP and monitor so that *nothing* rests on the desktop except the keyboard and mouse. There are a few on Amazon in the <$50 range but I’m not sure about them. Thoughts?