View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-09-22, 15:52

Yeah, I'm not really communicating what I'm looking for well.

The high level overview is I want a daily time lapse video from camera still images. Those videos are built from a single calendar day's worth of images.

The scripting part only gets "complicated" in a few points and those are the ones I'm iffy on of course. Like, how do I get ffmpeg to only look at images from yesterday with the date changing every day. So programmatically, how to I script it to use only the day before's images?

I can list out the day before using find, but how do I translate that into something ffmpeg can use?

I need to spend more time going through ffmpeg source options really. I can always have find spit out a list.txt for the previous day and feed that list the ffmpeg if it can parse the list for image names. I've also used symlinks to handle the folder naming. Like daily have a script create a folder for that day and symlink "today" or "latest" as the folder name. Then I would need to work with Julian dates or something like that though because "day -1" won't work on say 20201001 for folder naming.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.