View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-11-18, 17:56

I drove a Subaru with the lane sensing thing turned on and I felt like a bowling ball with the gutter-guards engaged. Boing-boing-boing as the thing made little corrections. No "heart", no "feel", just very precise, very un-rehearsed, quick steering wheel actions that made me very uncomfortable.

Turn that damned thing off!

Yeah, the self-driving thing is out a good long ways, and I honestly don't think it has as much to do with the auto-cars than it does with the still-under-human-control transportation system, i.e. cars, motorbikes, bicycles, nikes, etc.

Humans are in the way, and I think that's a good thing. I don't particularly want a transportation system that can be completely shut down by a hacker. Some elements can be right now, but I can still get the hell out of town, regardless the hackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
They’ll put it on the bottom, guaranteed.
It'll be magnetic, so there's that.

But, you do have to get the alignment right so it doesn't snap onto every screw and other piece of metal beneath the car.

And it's a good thing we've gotten past that "thin" stage, lest the world's fat people not be able to squeeze into one.

And if Siri's gonna be driving this thing, I ain't ever getting in it!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)