View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-22, 16:22

Cool...saga movies on one side, the rest on the other. Makes it easy to see what goes where (like most, I use the nine movies as my reference point for all the rest; I know how they all hit in relation to one another, so anything fitting in among that, I know immediately when it takes place).

Due to this show, I'm finding that period following ROTJ interesting because, as I spoke about upthread, you're realizing that the whole Endor battle (and the loss of Palpatine and Vader) was merely a victory, but not the one. Makes it a little easier to see where the First Order came from, if the Empire, as we know it, never truly went away.

That 10-15 year period after ROTJ, in which The Mandalorian and at least three of these upcoming new shows are set, provides a good setting...it's close enough to the people and events of the OT to appeal to folks like me, but then you expand on what actually happened in those years that came after and how a lot of things never really changed. The Empire are still being oppressive brutes throughout the galaxy, there are still people out there like Luke and Ahsoka who aren't gonna put up with it, and then people like Din, Boba, Fennec, etc. who are caught in the middle of it all, etc. And then there's my ship-stealing sweetie-pie, jet-packing around, being a hard-case about everything and wanting to fight everybody...

Lots of good story potential here with this bunch.

Between the prequels, the animated stuff and those two standalone movies, that period between episodes 1-4 has been thoroughly explored (and will be even more so, with the upcoming Kenobi and Andor shows). But I'm realizing I'm kinda interested in that stretch after episode 6 because that's not really been done before via animation or live action (aside from the sequels, but that's 30+ years ABY). A long time. The decade or so after Endor looks to be an interesting period, at least in the way this show presents it.