View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-24, 03:33

Thanks, Brad!

I sent that graphic to my sister and a couple of others who love the show but were completely lost on the setting and how it related to the other movies, upcoming shows, etc. They were always asking me about it.

“Lemme draw you a map...”.

Limiting it to just the live action output, which is all they’re really following, keeps it simple.

Yeah, that wide-open, 20-year gap from 10 ABY to 30 ABY might be something explored at some point. Definitely the rise of the First Order, the whole “Luke walking away from it all” situation. Rey would’ve been born somewhere in that span, the Snoke/Palpatine stuff (with possible ties to the Grogu blood/experiments), etc.

I’m just not sure how enthusiastic/willing they are to start down that path at this point? If, 5-10 years from now, those sequel entries are still sitting out there all by themselves, ~25 years removed from everything else, that’s gonna be interesting to see, and it could say a lot about how even Disney/Lucasfilm themselves view that part of the saga.

Minus that one 10-year gap between Episodes 1 and 2 (where Jake Lloyd turned into Hayden Christensen and Obi-Wan grew a mullet), the rest of the stuff all takes place in that 31-year stretch from 22 BBY (Attack of the Clones) and 9 ABY (The Mandalorian, etc.).

That 25-year period between the current show and The Force Awakens will either get explored...or ignored.

We’ll see in time.

But it’s telling that most (all?) of the projects announced a few weeks ago, to my knowledge, take place in The Mandalorian timeline, or before. Maybe one of those animated ones is an exception, I don’t know.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-24 at 04:38.