View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-09, 21:22

It could’ve only helped.

That CG on Henry Cavill’s face (digitally erasing his Mission: Impossible - Fallout mustache) was Birdemic-level work. But you can forgive Birdemic because it had a $42 budget and nobody involved knew what they were doing.

A major DC/WB project shouldn’t have that problem. This movie sucked - writing, acting, visuals, plot, sound*, etc. - in a way few ever have, for the talent, budget and resources involved. And for what it represented (the big-screen, live-action team-up of DC’s top characters).

This should have been a major, Avengers-level blockbuster.

Only Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman escaped unscathed, and then she goes and has a baffling, less-than sequel several years later. I bet you there won't be a third one of those either.

I just think these kinds of movies are played out and simply aren't the novel draw they once were, and the companies involved are just slow to get the memo.

*Seriously, there are entire patches of dialogue I can't even understand because of the sound/mix...pretty much everything Steppenwolf said, half of anything Affleck said while in Batman mode, Cyborg was muffled somehow and there were parts where the background noise (vehicles, explosions, etc.) were as loud as the foreground dialogue. And this is a movie where you have hear what's being said or talked about to even stand a chance of knowing what's going on!

This makes viewing #2 for me, and there will not be a third. I someone wonder if my initial assessment of a movie may be skewed or inaccurate, so I often feel like I need to give some movies an honest second shot, months/years later, just to see if maybe the theater experience factored in negatively, or my mood/outlook somehow colored the initial viewing, etc.

Nope, this legitimately sucks. There's no other explanation/cause. It's just a genuinely bad movie, and nothing's going to change that. There's no charm, cool sequences or reveals or "it's getting a lot of things right" aspect that will help it age well. It's just destined to be a expensive bad movie.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-01-09 at 21:55.