View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-13, 21:31

I's having the withdrawalses...

Damn, December sure is a long way away.

I keep thinking about all the unresolved stuff from Chapter 16 - Gideon still alive, how Grogu's blood was used, that tension between Din and my girlfriend about the ownership of the dark saber (and the thumb-wrestling match that could ensue), etc. - and I hope, as has been the case with Better Call Saul, not so much time passes that I eventually forget or lose interest and have to build myself back up to give-a-damn status once again.

TV is just so different now than when I was a kid...a show's season was 8-9 months - and a solid 22-26 new episodes throughout the fall, winter and spring - then reruns in the summer, and, before you knew it, all-new Starsky & Hutch come September. The downtime was always far, far less than the uptime and the most you waited for 3-4 months (when you were outside playing kickball and building bike-jumping ramps from sun-up to sun-down anyway, so you never cared).

Now, with these streaming or premium cable shows, it's 6-10 episodes a "season", then 10-16 months off and sometimes with no solid word or guarantee, for long stretches, that there even will be a new season.