View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-05-07, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I'm glad you started this thread. This morning I was looking online and through the catalog for stuff for my bedroom. I was looking at scrapping a lot of the crap that's in my pad and getting a new chest/dresser and some other stuff.

I was looking at their bed frames, which I really love the simplicity of, but they only appear to make room for a mattress and not a box spring. I have a great set up for my bed and am not willing to compromise the comfort I have, so I decided to scrap it.
Their beds tend to use slatted bases instead of box springs. Which, like you said, keeps it simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey
I think once I get everything cleaned out in my room and this other room that I'm gonna turn into a personal music studio, I'm gonna have a lil spree. I want to redo my closets too, and they have some great stuff for that.

I'm like you Robo, I'm trying to only spend about $500 but I could spend much much more there.

How are their shipping charges? The nearest ones to me are in Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Cincinnati (I'm in Cleveland) so at minimum I'm looking at 5 hour round trip.
Their shipping charges are, um, not as cheap. Flat pack or not, it's still furniture we're talking about. But if you're doing two whole rooms and some closets, I think it would totally be worth the trip. Make a day of it, eat at the IKEA restaurant, live la vida IKEA for a day.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong