View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-08-14, 19:55

I agree. I wrote about this a few weeks ago in another thread. Flying has become about the worst, most un-fun, pain-in-the-ass thing I can imagine doing. I used to think it was pretty neat, but there's nothing good about it anymore.

From the time you arrive at the airport until you land at your destination and walk back out of that airport, it's just one soul-crushing, WTF?! moment after another.

I would honestly, given a choice, opt for somewhat major oral surgery tomorrow morning at 8:00am over catching a flight from Atlanta to Denver or somewhere a few hours away at the same time (even if it was free). I really would. You know, and accept, going into the surgery that it's going to hurt and possibly be bad.

But you're in a comfortable chair and you can actually lie back a bit, they get you high, you're somewhat pampered and you're in the hands of a trained, dialed-in professional who isn't screwing around and who is taking the task at hand seriously (he hasn't been drinking that morning).

None of those are the case with flying, from what I can tell.