View Single Post
WrestleEwe

Send a message via Skype™ to WrestleEwe 
2009-10-14, 04:46

AFAIK IKEA is as perfect as a sales concept can be.

Their stores are always clean and easy to navigate. The marketing is exactly personal enough to leave you feeling good about yourself. The products are of decent enough quality for an excellent price. You can even see how much of the item you want they expect to have in stock in the next few days. Sales drones are always nice and polite. The return policy is suitably loose.

In my opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong with IKEA and a lot of companies should study them to enhance their own business. Except...

IKEA sells stuff I don't want, IKEA's regular customers will never be my friends and IKEA has redefined the term Gaming the System with their accounting. Please read this article in the Economist about how IKEA actually is the worlds biggest charity.

Oh, and IKEA is so popular here in NL that highway exits have to be closed regularly because the waiting line to get on the parking lot extends all the way to the offramp of the highway. Please, what kind of idiot sees a traffic jam that big and still wants to go there, carrying their crying babies and their nagging wives/husbands...

So, I'm of 2 minds concerning IKEA. On the one hand it is the perfect store, but on the other it is a store I would never, ever want to visit (but still do once in a while)