View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-10-14, 06:44

I have a few things from IKEA, including a $1(!) white clock hanging on the wall over my iMac. I've had it for 7-8 years now. With its frosted-white, rounded and translucent casing (and the clean, sans serif numerals), it always struck me as quite Apple-y. I call it my iClock.

And I have a bedroom set from them. A rounded pine ensemble (can't remember the style name, but it probably had a few "k's" and "u's" in it...Kardüd, Ukkdar, Ruhk, Hkküdarval, etc. You get the idea ), featuring a five-drawer chest, two nightstands and a California King bed, which, last I measured, was about 2.3 acres in area. I can stand on one side and take off in a dead sprint and it takes me about a minute-and-a-half to reach the other side.

Seriously...it's huge. I can lie on it at any angle and not reach the edges. It's almost too big. But you can't roll out of it accidentally (unless you roll over 2-3 times in your sleep). So that's good.

A few other little odds and ends, here and there.

I'd never been to one until we moved to California in late 1993. Then we became frequent visitors to the Tustin Marketplace location in Orange County. Years later, one opened in San Diego, and I would go there. Atlanta has one now, but I've not made the trip down. And there is one in Woodbridge, Virginia at the Potomac Mills Mall. When my ex was going through OCS at Quantico, we lived in the area for about a year in 1996. We'd go to that one a good bit.

I always love walking through one. I like the little set up "rooms" they have, especially the kitchens. I could easily spend two full hours there, especially once you get to the downstairs part with all the accessories and knick-knacks!

But the best thing about IKEA? I credit them with shaping my appreciation (lust?) for the older womens. Seriously...hit IKEA on a Saturday morning or afternoon and it's a wall-to-wall soccer mom vixen hangout/cougar den. Holy. Crap. I'm 97% certain that the term "MILF" originated at an IKEA store. It had to! All those well-heeled 40-somethings with their shapely tanned legs, pedicured nails, short, stylish 'dos, toned arms, SoCal glow, firm lit...

...I gotta go.