View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-23, 09:30

Yeah, those parts are the harder ones to calculate out. I think we assume a surge load of 3x normal consumption when starting up and running but that is a fridge and such. For heavy long loads it is different. The clothes drier, the heat pump when active, the oven etc... those are surely to chew threw the power.

Heck, things I'm working through are still things like how much power am I consuming when my kids leave the lights on in a given room. If we go fully off-grid that will become a big deal. I thought water hours on a ship sucked, imagine power hours in the house!
Quote:
Navy Shower. Fresh water economy aboard ship may dictate using as little water as possible. Hence, the navy shower; wet down, turn off the water, soap up, turn the shower on to rinse off. If a ship's evaporators (evaps) have problems distilling fresh water from salt water, a ship may experience "water hours" in which no showers are allowed except at select times. Generally, the smaller the ship the more experience the crew has with water conservation.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.