View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-09, 15:26

I really want this to stay apolitical and general. I know I'm already on the other side of the fence from most of you but everyone gets called on to boycott something due to a disagreement on how something was/is handled.

So In an effort of keeping this thread just about boycotts in general, leave out the specifics on who you boycotted and especially why. I'm not wanting this to be about politics but rather the value of the act of boycotting.

I've been told I should boycott a list of companies because they aligned themselves with things I disagree with. Given the mass of population out there, would me (and like minded others) boycotting actually effect them? I don't think so. I think the company wouldn't even notice in this case.

Maybe if it was a mom and pop shop in a small town who was accused of doing something some found bad. I could see them being impacted by a boycott depending on the size of the following. A "mega company" though, I have a hard time believing it would be anything more than an inconvenience to me.

What are you thoughts?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.