View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2022-07-10, 08:54

This. ^^^

Twice now I have had the misfortune of Roger’s network being down during a crisis in our family. The first time (last year) was in the very second day of my wife being placed on life support. Had it occurred just a day earlier, there is a good chance she would never have been placed - hospital phones were down, but they have some back-ups - however, two critical conversations between myself and hospital might not have happened that would likely had seen her directed (under provincial emergency measures) to a hospital that could have done absolutely nothing for her. That day without updates was absolute hell.

Friday morning their disastrous timing struck again, though not of life and death consequences to me, it caused serious problems for a close family member, and I spent two days scrambling across the GTA to arrange critical supports. I can only imagine what 911-failure related losses may have occurred.

For a year I’ve been saying we need to at least get a pay as you go cellphone on a different carrier as a back-up, but I think I’m dropping as many Rogers services as I can, just on principle.