View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-03, 15:10

At this point I'm more leaning to a battery system and doing solar later.

Then the question comes to what battery system and any other items with it. Our current contract includes the Span panel so we can shed loads as demand dictates. That tied with a battery system would serve to ensure our cold food storage, essentials and such are able to sustain for longer than average.

We don't have outages that frequently where I live so I don't really need off grid like I originally planned. I just like the plan for energy independence.

For the batteries, I'm sure the company we chose uses Tesla because it is Tesla. I'm learning about so many different manufacturers out there with different products that produce the same end result but less polish and branding. The challenge with something like this is that most installers won't provide support for them at all meaning we would be on our own and I'm not that good of an electrician.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.