View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-04, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
Unlike automatic bus transfer switches for commercial use, residential manual bus transfer switches typically only supply certain selected circuits to the emergency power supply.

Example from Amazon. I am not an Amazon affiliate and just did a quick search on that site to illustrate what I'm talking about. You wire from breakers you select on your panel to the transfer panel..
The MBT I had in Va Beach powered the whole panel. I mean, I was really limited to 50A that the generator put out and the wire/inlet were rated for but electrically speaking every circuit in my home could be powered by the generator feed. So when I manually enabled the generator I had to turn off the main breaker, slide a bar and then turn on the 50A breaker for the input feed from the generator. So before we powered the panel with the generator we would have to turn off the circuits we didn't want drawing the load from the circuits we did want energized.

Like this:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.