View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-08-11, 13:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Yeah, it's not on the radar of most people, but the speed with which the Trudeau gov't has dived further and further into the euthanasia pit in a bid to save on public health care spending is truly sickening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
That's a crazy distortion.
I don't much care about the politics behind it. I just find it hilariously hypocritical that a government can offer both suicide prevention and suicide assistance in the same breath.

"Hey, don't kill yourself, but if you're really sure about it … here's a pill."

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Personally I think both extremes are wrong here, but the major far left and far right leaders have weaponized their extreme idiots.
It's party-politics. When your side is doing the destroying, they're the good guys. When the other side is doing it, they're the bad guys. "We're justified because reasons! The other side is not justified because also reasons!" You can also see the same fanaticism in sports: "My quarterback can rape and pillage, but he's on my team so I'll look the other way. But if your quarterback rapes and pillages, I'm going to stomp my feat because he's on your team — and your team sucks!"

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)