View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-10-19, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post

Anyways, Carol, the reason we keep electing republican governors is because they actually know what to do with the money that Ted Kennedy gets for us . The democrat governors (and so did Swift, she was awful) we had way back in the day would spend it willy-nilly, it was really a mess. But you're right, it is strange. We send democrats to Washington and keep the republicans to ourselves.
Thanks for your explanations. I guess I had forgotten about the fact that he's a Mormon. But his religion doesn't seem to have affected his ability to be a good governor. And he seemed to run the Olympics like clockwork. Still, there's a lot of difference between balancing a budget and dealing with international policy matters.

Quote:
Ugh, I really just don't like the state of politics these days. I am split on most issues, right down the middle. The democratic party just can't get it's shit together, but the republican party is a walking contradiciton.
The only problem with voting the Republicans out is that we'll vote the Democrats in. Ugh.

I want a whole new kind of person who has views on both sides of the spectrum, who says exactly what he thinks, and who is funded by millions of small contributions from the internet, and is therefore not weighed under by obligations to special interests.

God, I do SO very much hate the special interests. Their greed just poisons our whole system.

If we could come up with our own candidate, funded by small contributions from millions of people via the internet, we could break this political logjam where not much ever gets done for our country and its people.