View Single Post
zippy
Veteran Member

2010-11-14, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Weekend isn't over yet! I've updated and finally uploaded my modified iTunes.rsrc for 10.1.

[Download Link]

To install:
  • Unzip the file.
  • Control-click iTunes.app in the Finder and choose "Show Package Contents".
  • Drop the iTunes.rsrc file into Contents/Resources/ to replace the existing file.
  • Restart iTunes.

My rsrc file brings back color to the source list (*both* small and large icon sizes), the Preferences icons, the playlist checkboxes, and the playlist sorting headers. My rsrc file also flattens the bright header/toolbar gradients to match the system defaults for the full-size player with vertical buttons, full-size player with horizontal buttons, and mini player. Last but not least, I've also smoothed over the "baseball" volume knob.

I made my own edits because all of the others I'd seen lacked some piece or made another piece buggy.

Let me know if you use it. If it looks like people want it, I'll try to keep posting new versions when iTunes updates are released.
Is the "Purchased" category (under the STORE section) a custom part of your .rsrc file? I ask because somewhere along the way, mine disappeared and I haven't been able to get it back. I can make a smart playlist, but that gets buried in all the other playlists.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!