View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-12-16, 12:50

I don't agree with that at all. Yeah, the beginning of all this was certainly monumental and cool, and it got a fair, loving treatment. But anyone who thinks what is happening now is somehow "ordinary" or "not a big deal" is crazy. It's even bigger now, in many ways.

And I think you missed what I said: I'm not trying to capture or replicate that feel of "we're on the cusp of something great".

Just in terms of intrigue, business squabbles, FURTHER shaping the computers we use (this innovation and daring stuff didn't stop in the 70's, you know), personal conflicts, business and marketing triumphs (and missteps), etc., there is enough of all of that stuff between these two companies to make for a pretty compelling story, I'd think.

Done right (as I said all along). Done RIGHT.

People watch the silliest shit these days (don't make me list them), so you don't think folks would like a movie recounting the continuing story of the things every single one of us use every single day? That original "Pirates" movie covered all the bases, in terms of humor, drama, conflict, lightness, historical tidbits, etc. Couldn't another?

Has nothing to do with "fanboy"...just an interesting movie, that would hold SOME sort of interest to almost every man, woman and child who use a computer, surf the Internet, download music, etc. And you'd watch it just like everyone else.

Anyway...

See?!?

That's four minutes in Photoshop...imagine a proper make-up artist at work!