View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-12-22, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
2 things:

1) Those performance scores are bananas. The M1 is a little beast!
So cool to see competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
2) The reference to Microsoft I made is that I think we will need their cooperation as far as licensing Windows for ARM. As I understand it, they do not currently do that, so it may be hard to find [legal] copies to install in the first place.
Yes, that's correct, as far as the general public goes — Windows on ARM is OEM-only. You get it bundled with a device like the Surface Pro X, or not at all.

(But, I imagine a lot of people interested in running Windows 10 on M1 are so for development purposes, e.g. to test their code in different environments. And many of those will have an MSDN subscription through their employer, in which case they can in fact just download it from my.visualstudio.com.

Now, if your use case is "I want to run an old app / my company has this one weird business app", yeah, there's currently no valid license for that.)