View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-12-31, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Go get some donuts man!!! Weight loss is not sustainable if you don't allow yourself some treats every once in awhile. Over the last 4 years, I'm down about 60lbs. It takes awhile if you want it to happen right, and be permanent. Haven't a couple donuts one Saturday morning isn't going to change anything in the grand scheme of things. It's a reward for doing so well. I eat ice cream every couple weeks. I have no issue getting Chipotle, pizza, fried chicken, sushi, ect. I just watch what I eat all week, workout every day, never drink soda or sugar drinks or anything, and just stay consistent.

MAJOR CONGRATS on the 20lb though!!! That's amazing. Such a great feeling and it is so crazy how much your body feels when you lose weight. The little aches and pains and stuff like that reduce or even go away.
Oh, don't you worry. I allow myself weekly treats. I'm fully aware of the trap that exists if you try to cut out everything. Suddenly, you get a craving and eat like a pig for a few weeks and it's amazing how fast those calories jump right back on.

I mentioned donuts because those are my biggest AM vice. I cut them out almost completely. A few weeks ago we stayed with in-laws for a weekend and they had donuts. I should have had one, but I had 4! And that's why I don't want them around—at all.

I allow myself other treats, but donuts are like cocaine to me. I just have to cut them out completely, or they're coming back with a vengeance.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)