View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-02-12, 00:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Hack
Hm.... why don't you try Camino, it was specifically built as a mac browser.
Camino is indeed much better at integrating the Mac UI. It's basically a Cocoa wrapper for the Gecko rendering engine (very similar in principle to projects like MyOneLineOfCodeBrowser using Cocoa and WebKit 1.0), but it still suffers from just about everything in the last two sections of my list. Plus, you don't get any of Firefox's extensions (if that's important to you).

Still, it's a great browser and I'd highly recommend it to users looking for a free alternative to Safari.

I've actually kept a close eye on Camino's development over the past few months. Camino nearly died a year ago, but it has had some interesting changes recently. Camino as a whole is very well designed and thought out. Now, if someone could just fix the stuff on Mozilla's end, it would probably quickly become my number one browser.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.