View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-05, 07:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
If you don't appreciate .Mac enough to pay for it, don't pay for it.

If you DO appreciate .Mac enough to pay for it, pay for it.

2002 called, they want their bitching back.

Barto

I was trying to think of something to say to Pxlpainter and his .Mac woes, but you did it better.

It's a personal thing, no big deal. Some people feel screwed over it, like above, while others really embrace it.

Personally, I dig .Mac. I like the anywhere/anytime e-mail, the storage, the quick way to host an image, the ease of building galleries (instead of e-mailing JPEGs to a million people), Virex, Backup (all of which I use), and use iSync to keep my addresses and bookmarks all tidy and the same. I love the iApp video tutorials and I've actually downloaded many of the free software things made available from time to time. And iCards are great.

Plus, I like have a .mac e-mail address. Tell everyone, right up front, where I'm coming from (literally and figuratively). Looks nice on a business card and resumé.

I'd rather have all that functionality and capability neatly under one roof, all very clean, simple and fun to use than to have a Hotmail account here, some storage at another site, little greeting card things from another, site/image hosting from yet another place, etc.

I'm thrilled to give them $99 every October. Okay, not "thrilled"...but for as much as I use it and enjoy it, I truly don't mind. I don't feel "hosed" or "screwed" in the least.

YMMV.