View Single Post
xionja

2004-09-13, 20:54

The main issue i have, I think I may have forgotton to mention is that offenses like these and this program Mosaic 2000 follow kids through college and even jobs. So if somebody gets in trouble for having an electric device in school, let say they get in trouble a few times, its permently in their record.

As previously mentioned by a few, Teachers can individually define their classroom rules. While I like teachers who are relaxed and don't mind eating, and talking in their room, I'm fine with teachers who run traditional classrooms, because they command the respect. If I feel honored to be in a class, and that class is asking me to behave, I will.

pscates, I agree with these rules too, these are guidelines that have pretty much been followed by students for years without enfocement. Kids are getting marked for truancy while waiting for the school to give them approriate baggy clothing.

and as for english use. . .I might not possess great skills, but my history teacher keeps saying "aint nobody eating no food in no classroom" over and over again. I counted 8 separated times. He gets all prepared for it, and then delivers his line. I called him on it today, and asked him to encourage propper english use within his classroom, brat that I am. He also likes to use the word 'Junkie' so I created the new classroom salute, got alot of kids to smack their forearms everytime he used the word. he's a dickless guy, fat, covered in sweat, has no neck, no voice, and no sense of humor. okay, maybe the school does need strict rules.. . .