View Single Post
LenrdZelig

2006-09-15, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
There should be a file in your /users/username/library/preferences folder called com.apple.itunes or something like that. Basically a file in your user folder's library with iTunes in the name.
Looking in said folder I found several files that were related to iTunes. I assume you want me to toss any related iTunes files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
As for selecting the Library, hold down the option key before you click on the iTunes icon. While holding that button down, click on iTunes and it will ask you to pick a music library.

From there, pick the one on the MiniStack.
I had deleted the files and began this process earlier, it gave me the option to either choose library or create library - when I selected choose, it said there was not one to be found (naturally so since I deleted the related files) So I set about creating one and pointed the program to the folder that houses the music on the mini stack, and let it begin doing it's thing.

However, I then realised that the computer would need to be in use for the business day, so I closed out iTunes, and pasted back the files I had trashed initially (kept them on a memory stick just in case I needed them).

I will implement your suggestions later this evening once the store closes, as if I were to do it now, and the other workers did not have "their" music playing, it would cause a riot.

If by chance I have misunderstood your intention with regards to the iTunes file(s), please let me know as to whether I'm supposed to trash all the com.apple.itunes.xxx files or just a specific one located within.

I will let you know the results, and run the terminal check at that time.

Ever grateful,

Len