View Single Post
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-12-22, 09:53

Ahh, just woke up... feeling pretty great...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
I've been meaning to ask you if you could repost that spinning guinea pig that showed up in an AN thread ages ago. I thought that was really cute.
Could you be a little more specific? I posted a bunch to the "Cute Pictures" thread yesterday; maybe it's in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Do you really need to skip school to play video games? I mean, if you are gonna skip school at least do something

I don't know, the day before breaks always was kind of a fun school day for me. Teachers kind of didn't care, many classes didn't have work and were "parties" and it was kinda nice to see everyone and wish them a happy holidays.
Well I did all my gift exchanging yesterday, and the whole idea of nothing important at school seems to me a great reason *not* to show up... I'd rather waste my time elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsummers View Post
That said, I was always too much of a sissy to skip... my parents were teachers and it was sure to get back to them. I really wish I would've, now, looking back.
Actually, my mom was cool with it... she just walked into my room last night and said "What reason should I give the school as to why you're absent?" I replied "I don't really care; just make something up", and that was the end of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsummers View Post
  • Go to a local coffee shop where the old people hang out, and have a coffee with them (the looks will be worth it).
  • Watch your soaps.
  • Stay up until the sun comes up, go to bed, get up for lunch and make yourself something nice, and then go back for a nap: one of my favorite things to do over a vacation.
  • Go visit your parents at work (depending on how cool they will be with you being out of school). Tell them you "Just wanted to say hi / Just wanted to see what they do everyday / Just wanted to make sure they went to work today."
  • Do whatever the hell you please.
Whatever you do, enjoy being way, way cooler than I was at your age.
Actually, I was planning to go to the Blue Frog Coffeehouse with my friend Rick (a fellow HS senior and Mac user) later today for some communal wifi leaching and latte sipping before the party; there's almost always live music there in the afternoons (some good, some not so good)... I'll see when I get there.

I'm thinking beforehand, I'll ride my bike up to ye olde high school just after classes get out, to hang out for a few minutes and wish everyone a great break.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: my mom is a substitute teacher at my high school. It's impossible for me to skip without her finding out.

You ask me for a hamburger.