View Single Post
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2010-01-27, 19:57

I am going to buy a new iPad, no doubt. Probably the mid-range or high-end Wi-Fi version. Don't need and don't want to pay for a cellular data package. BUT...

Boy am I pissed that there's no built-in camera!

I was SO looking forward to using the iPad to Skype with my kids while I am traveling for work. No dice now. Will have to stick to voice-only, or buy some 3rd party webcam, if one ever gets developed.

I've been waiting for something like the iPad, as my 12-inch PowerBook died last year and my wife keeps hogging the iMac. So I'm going to buy an iPad as soon as they are available. But what a let-down that there's no built-in camera! I would gladly have paid $100 extra for a camera. Guess I'll have to trade up as soon as iPad Rev.B (presumably with camera) hits the market. In the meantime, I look forward to a device that is more ergonomic and human-friendly than the iPhone.

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.