View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2010-05-22, 09:09

I'd go with the Dell because I was very satisfied with my 9 until I murdered it.

1, for a netbook, is HDD size really that important? I mean, netbooks are primarily for note-taking, quick web browsing, not lots of file storage. I mean, are you going to be syncing an iPod/touch/phone/pad? Are you gonna be storing lots of music and videos? I had a 16GB SSD and I didn't have a single problem with the storage space because all I used it for was text documents.

2, is Hackintoshing important? I know you said it isn't that much, I'm just asking why it's not important. Personally, with that much HD space on both, I'd go with a Hack because you already know the OS and you don't have to deal with XP (or 7) and all your apps and stuff will work normally, rather than having to find and use Windows equivalents. I mean, you have a Mac for a reason, why not make your netbook fit that comfortable paradigm?

One point to consider: DROPBOX. If you're trying to keep notes and stuff you take on one machine synced to the other, Dropbox is your friend. I could not have handled a netbook + other machine without it.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder