View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-12, 00:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Announcement! I have a custom texture pack to share. Some of the guys on the server know I've been testing this off and on today. I've taken the original Minecraft textures, spliced them with the Painterly and Quandary packs (and maybe small bits of others), and manually edited many bits here and there to my liking. Basically, I'm trying to retain the "spirit" of the original Minecraft theme while improving upon it in select ways, as opposed to many texture packs that try replacing it with a whole new style.

For example, glowstone is now actually a light-colored stone. Cobblestone and brick are less contrasty. Signs have a lighter background to make text more legible. Glass is clear instead of scratchy. And so on. Here are some screenshots:

Download link: AppleNovaBradTextures.zip

When you download that file, do not unzip it. If your browser opened and unzipped it for you, turn that off ("Open 'safe' files" is a security risk anyway) and try again. Put the zip file in /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/minecraft/texturepacks/ and restart Minecraft. On the main menu, choose "Mods and Texture Packs" and select it. Done!

I may continue tweaking some of the textures, and I'll probably just quietly update this post when I do. Thoughts good, bad, or indifferent?
Would you please add this info to the first post? Thanks.