View Single Post
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2018-11-28, 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
I may like something Sonos for whole home (main floor) audio. I’ve heard it used in a large commercial space, and it really was effective. My local furniture warehouse has a collection of Sonos Play1 and Play3 spread around their two level showroom and they filled the space seamlessly. It was very impressive - clean sound all around a very large warehouse, no hotspots, just nice room fillling sound.

Due to the layout of the first floor, I didn’t go for any built in audio solutions, I did provide plenty of evenly spaced electrical outlets in every room, and ethernet beside most of them. The main space has become about a 750 sq ft irregular shaped open area encompassing a lofted two story stair on one end, a kitchen on the other, a roughly 11x12’ nook at the front, and central four foot support/accent wall holding a couple of beams near the centre.

My thought here is to do like the furniture store and grab a couple of Play1 two packs (4 speakers to start) and hide them around the space for ambient audio, maybe going as far as 6-8 scattered along two banks/zones.

I wonder how two HomePod s would compare to 4 Play1s in such an application?
I highly recommend Sonos. I have 2 Play:One paired in stereo, 1 Play:One in the kitchen, 1 One in the bathroom, a Play:Five in the living room, and Connect Amp in my gym and one running my
Patio speakers. To be able to control all of them and group together in one app is amazing. They have a lot of music services and the one or two I find they don’t have I just play via Air Play 2. It’s pricy but in my mind it’s virtually everything I want.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey