View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-11-29, 23:04

All I can hear is still just Chris Pratt whenever Mario opens his mouth, and it feels weird. Hopefully he didn't just phone-in his performance. Jack Black by comparison sounds like he's putting in 200%. I'm sure it'll sound better in context of the rest of the movie, but for now, yeah, I'm one of the folks who thinks Pratt's voice is a very odd match. And I'm the kind of fool who actually liked Bob Hoskins's take on a Brooklyn-American accent for Mario nearly 30 years ago.

I never did and still don't think Charles Martinet could deliver Mario's voice for a whole movie. His style is nice for a video game, but beyond the simple whoops and yahoos, his Mario voice gets very grating very quickly. Everyone would hate it.

I think everyone else in the trailer sounds great, though! My hype levels are rising.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.