Thread: Bluesky
View Single Post
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2023-05-02, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Why would you want to allow bots to run? Typically they just flood the place with crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Bots are helpful for automated notices if you use your feed for that kind of service. I kinda get it, though really already have enough notifications in other places that adding another social media platform to the list just isn't one I want.
There are some bots that replicate a Twitter feed so I can pull in feeds from people on Twitter that haven't moved to another platform. I can still read what people I follow are saying and still stay off of Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
What's missing for me is a reason to move to any of these platforms.

What is my incentive?
I get this. I feel like my social media use has gone down and I've gotten less information from social media since I decided to stop posting on Twitter. The biggest reason I don't want to be on Twitter is that without a 3rd party client, I'm forced to use their awful official clients/webpage. I just don't want an algorithm determining my feed and getting regular suggestions to follow people that I have no interest in. People who have paid for Twitter Blue are being promoted over everything and everyone, and I just don't want to deal with that overall.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.