View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-12-16, 15:41

I live and die by the old "if it's too good to be true, it is" thing. It's never let me down.

My skeptical, practical nature means I might have missed a few choice opportunities over the years, I realize that. But I'd wager that my skeptical, practical nature has also kept me from getting screwed, scammed, scapegoated, etc. by the professional shitheads of the world.

1. Nothing is ever free
2. "Something for nothing!" doesn't exist (not in any serious, major or reliable way)
3. Nobody in Nigeria, especially a prince or high-ranking official's aide, gives a shit about you
4. That rumble in your tummy and catch in your throat are your friends; pay attention to them, because they're trying to tell you something that you should already know and be on top of
5. You'll never add four inches to your wang overnight (unless you tape a crayon to it or something)
6. If you're making "$10,000 a week from the comfort of your own home!" chances are you're doing something highly illegal or involving a lot of oral sex and photography equipment

Words to live by.