View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-06-06, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Helluva task for a geeky nerd-dude. But, you do make your own shields and body armor, so …
I didn't do that one myself. I took my car to a shop because I had no idea what all the growing angry noises around my engine were. When the mechanic turned the corner holding a pathetic worn-out hunk of rubber that used to be the right mount, suddenly everything made sense.

On the other hand, last Friday a coworker and I replaced the fuel pump by ourselves in my wife's 10-year-old Civic when it stranded her on the other side of town. After a few hours of some serious sweating (and swearing), the job was done and the car roared back to life. It saved me several hundreds of dollars of would-be shop labor, and I learned a lot more about how that part of the car works as well as gaining the confidence that I can resolve one more mechanical problem if it comes up again in the future.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.