View Single Post
zippy
Veteran Member

2018-06-19, 14:07

Hey there Guys and Gals.

It’s nice to see a few old names active again. I’ve continued to check in from time to time, but rarely post anything. Not much exciting or earth-shattering in the World of Apple to talk about these days.

As for me, I’m still in the same job I’ve been in for 26+ years but still 9 years away from minimum retirement age (currently 48). No guarantees that I’ll be able to afford retirement then either but we’ll see. Then again, our office has been losing staff without authority to rehire so there may come a time when they decide they don’t need IT support locally any longer and I’ll get to find a new career. I’d rather not.

Very recently (this month) I’ve developed a state of depression with some anxiety. If you knew me, you’d probably never guess I would be dealing with this. It’s been an eye opener into the world of mental health to some of those around me (I’m very open about things and feel better when I talk to friends/family/peers). But I sought treatment right away and am looking forward to better days. I have a child who has suffered from the same and it gives me a whole new perspective on what she has had to deal with. She is a hero to me. This stuff is scary serious.

Again, it’s just nice to say hi and feel connected with everyone again. This place has always been awesome.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!