View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-11, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Jango (and his clone Boba) weren't real Mandalorians though, they just wore the armor.
Do we know that? I've never looked into it so I don't know. Was Boba Fett a true Mandalorian, then?

I agree that his face will eventually be seen, but I'm also not sure this show is intended to run on for more than a single season. It seems to be leading up to the death of the hero as he tries to protect [yet to be named] green thing. That being said, I don't think we see his face until he has been mortally wounded and it doesn't matter any more and, even then, I suspect he will either A) ask for the helmet to be removed so he can "look upon you with my own eyes", or B) ask for his helmet to be put back on so that he can die with honor. Honestly, I like choice B because choice A is too Vader-worshippy.

I think this guy takes his position seriously and not removing his helmet through the duration of the show will help to reinforce that with the audience. The audience (myself included) seeing his face might feel a bit cheap, as though Mando isn't really that serious about his loyalty. You can't spend too much time behind the helmet with all its secrecy and then suddenly drop the helmet. I know I felt the same way about Master Chief from Halo. As much as I wanted to "see his face" the mystery would be gone and thus the mystique would be gone forever, and the mystique—once lost—can never be replaced!

I have to say that I hope he is never unmasked, even if he dies.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)