View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-14, 18:08

On a related note, Episode II: Attack of the Clones is currently on TNT. Holy smokes, this movie hasn't aged well at all.

I mean, it was pretty dismal in 2002 (writing, acting, plot, visuals, excessive - and iffy - CG, etc.) but it's damn near painful to watch now, 17 years on...I've given it about 20 minutes and I think I'm reaching the end of my endurance/patience. The entire plot of this thing - and how clueless everyone (Bail Organa, Yoda, Padme, the Jedi Council, etc.) is about what's going on - is just asking soooo much of the viewer.

And Threepio? Why did he suddenly become such a lame, heavy-handed quipster here, in just this one movie? He's always been annoying comic relief/exposition machine, but in this one movie he's like Howie Mandel or Paul Reiser.

Don't get me wrong, it's still Citizen Kane or Dog Day Afternoon next to The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi, but still...yikes.

All these prequels really did, big picture, was alert everyone to how much of an creepy, unlikable (and complete pussy) Darth Vader was in his younger days. Like I said, it hasn't aged well.