View Single Post
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, MA
2007-06-21, 02:38

To test it at your house, I would say that you could either hook it up to the pre-amp section of your HT receiver, via RCA cables, or wire it up through the speaker wire if that is what the sub's amp takes.

Does your current sound system in your car have an amplified sub? If so, finding the right source cable would be very easy, as you would just use the one formally attached. If, however, you don't already have an amp, your job just got more difficult and you may need to look at getting it professionally installed.

I've replaced a blown sub in a Ford Explorer and it was really annoying. You had to literally tear all the panels off and take off the seatbelts to gain access.

Luckily you just have a box, and no installation issues to deal with.