View Single Post
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2013-01-30, 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
I also wonder if Apple would ever go the route of breaking up the iPad line in a similar sort of way to the Surface RT and Surface Pro where you have iPad Minis as well as full-sized iPads that are ultra thin and light living alongside of a thicker iPad that is significantly higher capacity and/or uses more powerful hardware all around, but still runs the same OS and apps. Ultimately, for how many people are migrating to iPads as full-sale replacements for their laptops, it's not inconceivable that Apple would want to 'fragment' the line a little and offer a wider range of models to choose from to accommodate that reality, even if the difference is somewhat subtle or insignificant on the surface.
As long as they keep the screen sizes the same, I think it would be possible to have a thin iPad along with a thicker "Pro Pad". Then it would only be a matter of some apps reqiering the pro specs in order to run at full capacity. However, I think that Mores law might just make it more practical to stick with just one model. At least until someone comes up with a use case that calls for a Pro Pad.