View Single Post
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-07, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by staph
I have done, but they're messy, don't necessarily get everything, and don't last noticeably longer than any other method.
Thanks, staph. Maybe I'll give epilatory creams a try, just so that I can talk from personal experience. I'll make sure not to be sweaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSylvanus
Staph and Escher why do you shave all those other body parts? * * * Its funny to read so many ppl "admitting" to shaving all-over 'cos in the UK, men shaving their arms/legs/chest is a definite piss-take subject (as in "you so, love yourself" if you do...).
SonOfSylvanus : I only remove hair on my back and shoulders, in addition to my face. I have yet to try arms, legs, or chest. I don't bike or swim fast enough for hair to make any difference. But having a smooth back and shoulders feels liberating. Most women also dislike hairy backs, while their opinions on hair in other parts vary. In addition, if you are in good physical shape, removing body hair makes any muscles look more defined. (Have you ever seen hairy six-pack abs?) Finally, I do so love myself.

As for the cultural differences between the UK and US, I would maintain that many stereotypical elements of gay culture (including paying more attention to dress, using beauty products, and removing hair on your body) have crossed over into the mainstream. Some people like to use the term "metrosexual" to describe men that look and behave like homosexuals, but are perfectly straight (i.e. like pussy). I dislike the term metrosexual itself, but think it accurately captures a new trend in society.

Quote:
As for me and my shaving habits, I have a weird (though cheap) solution: I shave with a hair razor.
If you don't work in a place where a clean shaven face is a must, that's a great solution. Seems to me that is what George Michael has been doing ever since his days in Wham. Looks great if you don't work in a white shirt and gray suit environment.

I've kept the hair on my head relatively long for at least ten years. Girls love the curls. But recently, I decided to go back to the very short hair of my high school days. I contemplated getting a "sheep shear," but then decided this afternoon to let my barber have a go. My newly short hair feels great and clean, but a bit naked. It will come in handy during DC's hot and humid summer, which is already on its way.

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.