View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-08-15, 12:34

Yeah, that would be my ninth one, the turn signal thing. It's this little stick that is right there beside the steering wheel, where, hopefully, your hands already are. So how hard is it for people to reach with their pinky or whatever and use the damn thing, especially in heavy traffic, where lane changes, turn-offs, sidestreets, etc. all come into play?

I can understand if the turn signal controls were located in the back seat or beneath the front passenger seat or something, but jeez...they're RIGHT THERE, begging to be used!

People who just slow down, with no sort of warning - in the form of a turn signal - to those behind them, to turn into a parking lot or another street are such asshats. And if you're on the freeway and you're wanting to make a lane change at 70mph, guess what? I can't read your mind, so why not help me (and the rest of us) out a bit and let us know you're trying to scoot over? Chances are, I'm gonna let you. Why do you feel like you suddenly have to dart over, with no warning or cue, and scare the living hell out of everyone around you? If you signal like a somewhat clued-in human being, I'll back off a bit and let you over. And then you won't have to engage in any sort of wild-ass stunt driving, or precision moves ("Ooh, I've got about 11 inches of clearance...I think I can squeeze in!").

That's how bad things - called "wrecks" - happen.

There are days when I can count the "near misses" on nearly two hands, just because of stupid stuff like this. People choosing to not do something as simple as use a turn signal - or wait their turn at a four-way stop, or pull out in front of me when they had no real time or room to do so, causing me to have to stand on my brakes and brace for possible impact - are just idiots.

They probably come to complete stops on freeways too. Seems to fit a pattern...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-08-15 at 12:44.