View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-03-17, 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
Well actually I was thinking of an Apple-developed application for this particular task. I am thinking that this is going to be a significant drawback of the iPhone if Apple does not find a way to address it in one way or another.
Naysayers have been claiming that Flash would be a massive deal-breaker (bigger than "no copy and paste") since the iPhone was first announced two years ago. Unless sales figures start indicating that users are actually perturbed by the lack of Flash, I can't see Apple committing to the taking on the big technical and political hurdles that such a development would entail.

Besides, if you've ever done Java work on a Mac, you know that Apple isn't very good about keeping up to date with it's implementations of big third-party runtime engines. The thought of Apple rolling its own version of a Flash player is both tantalizing and terrifying at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
As I posted previously, Flash is all over the Web now, whether we like it or not.
Oh, we don't.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.