Thread: Weaning off AIM
View Single Post
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-10-25, 16:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Seriously, though, "show idle time" is the FIRST feature I turn off on every client I've ever used. No one needs to be able to track where I am that much.
it is useful though. two people are idle w/o away messages: 10 minutes and 18h. the 10m guy probably was looking away, or taking a dump, and will respond to my inane queries. 18h guy probably has a life and forgot to turn off aim.

i keep aim open at work. i used it to coordinate smoke breaks, until i quit recently. i use it occassionally to talk with friends from college and h.s. who i dont see. sometimes to talk to people in town who aren't right next to me.

on any given day, i'll have 0-4 conversations on aim. depending on whom i speaking to, they'll be just "yo" "yo" "whats up" "nothing"... or someone asking me to write em up a program double quick, which means a long conv, broken over hrs. most of the time, if i talk to anyone on aim, its a 2 minute bullshit conversation.

at home, i dont put aim on. i never got into the habit of putting it on, which is often a good thing.