View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-11-18, 12:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I sure hope - assume? - this new keyboard makes it to the 13" models (Pro and Air) on their next revision...early 2020 or so.

Or does Apple, in their 2019 wisdom/leadership, consider a solid, reliable (aka "pretty much the way it used to be before they monkeyed with it at nobody's request") keyboard to be a "pro"-level, big-screen feature, and anyone opting for the 13" models (Air or Pro) just has to miss out?

Because, frankly, that wouldn't surprise me much either at this point...

I guess we'll see in the next 3-6 months.

"The best notebook keyboard you can get for $2,399." - P. Schiller
First, I think 3-6 months might be too optimistic. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes until fall 2020 for the entire line-up to kill the butterfly keyboard.

But I do think it'll trickle down to all models. I don't think Supply Chain Optimizer In Chief Tim Cook wants to have two entirely distinct keyboard parts in the MacBook line-up.

There might be some minor differences. The small laptop-like version of the external Magic Keyboard has no inverted T, and they might just feel that the inverted T is a "pro" feature, so the Air doesn't get that.

(More likely, though, they'll just quietly revert that change as well, and eventually make basically all keyboards almost entirely like the pre-2015 MacBook keyboard agian.)