Thread: Mac Pro Pricing
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-11, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjones View Post
Pricing Aside - I edit 4K video/Drone/And some Premade Animation graphics. - Currently I have. 5K Late 2015 iMac, it's slooooing my down. Will the new 16 " MBP be able to do a better job, or should I keep my already placed order for the 12 Core Mac Pro and then have to buy a monitor as well - I do a lot of Photography as well - so it would be nice not have to travel with this sucker. but I travel with the iMac now. soooo help a brotha out!
The 16" MBP is quite a lot faster than your 2015 iMac in every way. Storage, RAM, CPU, GPU, bus. Literally everything is better (except maybe screen size) and obviously the portability factor should be considered. Current testing seems to indicate the new Mac Pro is about twice as fast as the MBP, which is saying more about the laptop than the desktop! If I were you—and I were traveling—I'd opt for the laptop w/32GB RAM and a good portable SSD. That Mac Pro is gonna be heavy. In fact, it's going to be a lot heavier than your iMac, especially considering you have to lug around a display as well.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)